Total Seed Production Expands Plant Capacity for 5th Consecutive Year10/02/2014Tipton, Indiana,
- Total Seed Production, Inc. (TSP) is pleased to announce the completion of yet another plant expansion project. This year completes the goal of doubling the plant’s capacity within 5 years. This type of investment proves TSP’s commitment to its customers to continue providing them with high quality seed and first class service; which the company has consistently been doing for the past 78 years. “Our operation continues to expand because of our unique seed production structure, which allows us to be an unmatched leader in quality and service.” said Aaron Conaway, President of TSP. Aaron Conaway also states “TSP’s key to success is centered on our vertical integration and being able to control every step of the process. This includes raising the crop on our own land, through the entire packaging and distribution process.” TSP is located in the heart of the best seed production region, on nutrient rich soils, with all seed fields being produced in the four counties surrounding the facility.
A few of the capacity expansions over the last 5 years have been:
- 2014: Fully automated packaging line with robotic palletizer and 24,000 sq. feet of additional warehouse storage
- 2013: Doubled capacity of the treating / packaging facility, added refuge blending equipment, and 17,000 sq. feet of additional warehouse storage
- 2012: 100,000 bushel single pass-reversing ear corn dryer, and 84,000 bushel of additional bulk corn storage capacity
- 2011: 100,000 bushel single pass-reversing ear corn dryer, and 75,000 bushel of additional bulk corn storage capacity
- 2010: Doubled capacity of the husking and sorting facility by adding 4, 16 lane A&K husking beds
Total Seed Production Inc. is family owned and operated by 4th generation seedsmen, and is one of the largest vertically integrated seed corn and soybean seed producers in the United States. The home office and production facility is located in central Indiana and services customers throughout the entire USA, Canada, and Mexico.